The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Hunter College
  Dec 15, 2017
Undergraduate Catalog 2013-2014 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Dismissal from the College and the City University

Return to The Grading System 

Students who fail to achieve the required academic standards will be placed on academic probation. Students who fail to achieve the required academic standards while on probation will be dismissed from Hunter College and the CUNY system.

Students may appeal an academic dismissal and should discuss the preparation of such an appeal with an academic adviser in the Office of Advising Services, Room 1119 Hunter East. The Senate Committee on Student Standing reviews all appeals and makes the final determinations.

Tuition and fees will be refunded to a student who is dismissed for failure to meet the required academic standards after having registered.

Students who withdraw from the college when their GPA is below the required academic standards will be automatically dismissed from the university. Students who have been dismissed or who have withdrawn when their GPA is below required academic standards may not be readmitted until they have been separated from the university system for at least one fall or spring semester. Students who wish to apply for readmission after separation of one or more semesters must file an application at the Office of Admissions, Room 203 Hunter North. Applications must be filed at least three months prior to the beginning of the semester in which the student plans to re-enter.

Until such time as they are eligible to apply for readmission, students who are separated from the university may not enroll for credit-bearing courses in any unit of the university in any status.