The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Hunter College
  Feb 20, 2018
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

The Office of the Bursar

238 Hunter North
(212) 772-4401 ;

The Office of the Bursar collects all tuition and fees and other funds for the college in accordance with CUNY policies and procedures set forth by Federal, State, and City Government.

Method of Payment for Tuition and Fees

Students may pay for tuition and fees by cash, check, or money order in person at the cashier windows; through the mail using a money order or check; online by credit card (MasterCard, American Express, VISA or Discover); or an EFT from a bank account. A 2.65% processing fee is charged for each credit card transaction. All checks and money orders must be made payable to Hunter College in U.S. currency only and mailed to the Bursar’s Office, 238N. The college will only accept payments of cash, checks and money orders at the Bursar Office cashier windows. Students can make payments online using their credit card or an electronic funds transfer from their bank checking/savings account. Additional details concerning payment options are available online at

Financial Obligations

Students are expected to settle their bill by the college’s designated due dates. Pursuant to CUNY policy, students who have unsettled bills by the term start date may be subject to cancellation for non-payment. Student accounts that remain unpaid for one semester or more are turned over to the university’s collection agency. Students who have a negative service indicator (stop) for unpaid balances will not be permitted to register for classes or obtain a transcript.