The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Hunter College
  Nov 23, 2017
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Courses at Other Accredited Institutions (ePermit)

Currently enrolled degree students may take courses at other accredited institutions (CUNY or other) provided the appropriate procedures are followed.

A department may refuse to authorize a permit if, in its judgment, it is inappropriate to do so.

For more information on Permits and Epermits, please visit the One Stop web page at and under the Registration column select Taking a Course Outside Hunter.

Students wishing to apply for courses at another CUNY campus may do so by submitting an E-permit via CUNY First.   At the Student Center page, use the drop down menu and click on epermit to begin the process. Students wishing to register for courses at non-CUNY institutions must complete a permit form to attend another college. The form is available in the Records  Unit of the Office of the Registrar, 223 Hunter North Building (at the 68th Street campus)

In all cases, permits are authorized by the appropriate department and administered by the Office of the Registrar.

It is the responsibility of students who study at other institutions to have official transcripts of their work sent to the Office of the Registrar as soon as grades are posted. Effective fall 2004, grades for courses taken on permit at CUNY schools are posted to the student’s record and are computed in the GPA. All permit credits must be posted to student’s Hunter transcripts prior to graduation.

Note: Hunter students are advised not to take courses on permit during their final semester prior to graduation.