The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Hunter College
  Feb 20, 2018
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Withdrawal from College

Students who become ill or who experience personal difficulties or a lack of interest that prevents their concentrating on college work, are encouraged to withdraw completely from college. Failure under such conditions can only make an eventual return to college more difficult. Deadlines for such withdrawals are the same as for withdrawals from part of the program (see above).

Such students should make an appointment to see a counselor in the Office of Advising, Room 1119 East Building. Students must return books to the library and all college equipment to the department to which it belongs. Students who are unable to return to Hunter to withdraw in person should write or have someone else write to the Office of Advising. The letter should contain (1) the name under which the student is registered at Hunter; (2) the Social Security number; (3) the return address and telephone number; (4) the reason for withdrawal, with appropriate documentation (medical, psychological or employee) and the last date of attendance; and (5) a copy of the Bursar’s receipt.

Students who stop attending without following the above procedures are considered to have withdrawn unofficially and will receive WUs, which are equivalent to Fs in computing the GPA.

Students whose GPA at the time of withdrawal is below the minimum required for continued matriculation shall be considered as having been dropped for poor scholarship. Students who have withdrawn from the college, officially or unofficially, must apply for readmission in the Office of Admissions, Room 203 HN, at least three months prior to the semester in which they wish to re-enter.