The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Hunter College
  Dec 15, 2017
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Office of AccessABILITY (for Students with Disabilities)

1214 Hunter East; 212-772-4857

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, the Office of AccessABILITY ensures the availability of variety of accommodations and services for students with documented disabilities or medical conditions who are currently registered at Hunter College. Disabilities include (but may not be limited to):

  • Medical and psychological conditions, learning disabilities, deafness and hard of hearing, visual impairment, mobility impairment and other conditions that cause you to have mobility difficulties or result in your using a cane or wheelchair.
  • Assistance to students with temporary disabilities due to an accident or short-term health conditions is also available. To be eligible for reasonable accommodations, it is necessary for students to provide a written statement with supporting documentation of a disability from a “qualified professional” (physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or clinical social worker).

Under the auspices of the Office of AccessABILITY, the Access and Technology Center, Room 205 Thomas Hunter Hall, is a resource facility for students with disabilities. The center houses equipment with adaptive software and hardware technologies.

For more information, please call (212) 772-4857/VP (646) 755-3129 or go to our Web site.

The Section 504 Coordinator at Hunter College, Professor Jennifer Samson, is responsible for enforcement of the provisions of Section 504. She may be contacted in 915 Hunter West, (212) 772-4663. There is a 504 Grievance Procedure for students with disabilities at Hunter College. Students may obtain the necessary form, which contains instructions for filing, from the Office of Student Services in Room 1119 Hunter East. Students with disabilities at the School of Social Work may contact the director of admissions at (212) 396-7574 for assistance.