Jan 29, 2020  
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 
Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

College Credit Exams

There are a variety of exams available for high school students to gain college credit before they enroll. Currently, Hunter College accepts the Advanced Placement (AP) exam, the International Baccalaureate (IB) exam, GCE (The General Certificate of Education Advanced Level generally termed the GCE Advanced Level or more commonly the A-level). Hunter students may be granted as much as a year of degree credit (normally 30 credits) for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, GCE, College -Level Examination Program (CLEP),Regent College Examinations (RCE), and College-Level coursework. College-Level Coursework Students who completed college-level coursework offered by an accredited senior or community college while in high school will receive credit for courses in which grades of C or better are earned. Official College transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions at Hunter for credits to be awarded. Students must make sure they don’t sign up for the same classes once they matriculate here.