The Kaye Playhouse
Ground Floor Hunter North
68th Street, between Park & Lexington Aves.
The Kaye Playhouse at Hunter College is an inviting, fully equipped proscenium-style theatre with 624 seats, designed in an elegant 1940’s Moderne style with plush seating upholstered in crimson velveteen. Dedicated in 1942 by Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the Kaye Playhouse is filled with an air of historic elegance with modern-day amenities.
The theatre continues to be home to a wide array of national and international events, including theatrical productions, dance performances, chamber music and opera, film/photo/television shoots, fashion shows, jazz concerts, lectures, corporate meetings, vocal concerts, children/s shows, and a wide range of other programming.