May 23, 2018  
Undergraduate Catalog 2017-2018 
Undergraduate Catalog 2017-2018

Advanced Placement and College-Level Courses

Students who have had an Advanced Placement (AP) course in secondary school and who pass the Advanced Placement Tests of the College Entrance Examination Board with grades of 5 or 4 (high honors or honors) are in most cases exempt from taking a corresponding course or equivalent requirement at Hunter.

Students who have received an International Baccalaureate diploma may receive credit for higher level IB exams with scores of 5, 6, or 7.  An official transcript and IB Diploma are required for the credit process. Credit will be granted for IB Higher Level Exams when the IB Diploma with a score of 30 or higher and Points between 24-45 are submitted.

A maximum of 30 credits can be awarded by examination through the following programs; College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement (AP), College-level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam and Regents College Examinations (RCE). Certain academic departments may have restrictions on the award of credits by examination. Check with the department and see the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment website for additional information.

Students who have completed college-level coursework offered by an accredited senior or community college while in high school may receive credit for courses in which grades of C or better are earned. NOTE: To receive transfer credit at Hunter, college-level courses taken while in high school cannot be used to fulfill high school graduation requirements. College-level courses will not be transferred until the final high school transcript is received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Official college transcripts must be submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment Office for credit to be awarded.