Oct 25, 2020  
Undergraduate Catalog 2018-2019 
Undergraduate Catalog 2018-2019 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

College Credit Exams

There are a variety of exams available for high school students to gain college credit before they enroll. Currently, Hunter College accepts the Advanced Placement (AP) exam, the International Baccalaureate (IB) exam, GCE (The General Certificate of Education Advanced Level generally termed the GCE Advanced Level or more commonly the A-level). Hunter students may be granted as much as a year of degree credit (normally 30 credits) for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, GCE, College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Regent College Examinations (RCE), and College-Level coursework.  Students who completed college-level coursework offered by an accredited senior or community college while in high school will receive credit for courses in which grades of C or better are earned, provided that the courses were not used to satisfy their high school graduation requirements. Official college transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment for credits to be awarded. Students should not register for the same classes once they matriculate.