Feb 16, 2020  
Graduate Catalog 2018-2019 
Graduate Catalog 2018-2019 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Federal Aid Eligibility

The Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress standard applies to students seeking assistance from all federal student financial aid programs available at Hunter College.

Graduate Students

In order to be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, for purposes of receipt of Title IV Federal Student Assistance, a graduate student must meet the minimum standards specified below.

A. Minimum GPA – maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better, or have an academic standing consistent with the requirements for graduation.

B. Maximum Time-frame – may not attempt more than 150% of the credits normally required for completion of the degree.

C. Pace of Progression – must accumulate credits toward the degree greater than or equal to two-thirds the cumulative credits attempted at the institution. All graduate students will be measured against each of the three SAP components at the end of the spring term to determine