The Master of Science program at the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing offers the following specializations:
Nursing: Gerontological/Adult Nurse Practitioner - 42 cr. MS
Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader-MS
Nursing: Advanced Public Health Nurse-MS
Nursing: Advanced Public Health Nurse/Urban Public Health-MS/MPH (Dual Degree Program with School of Urban Public Health)
Nursing: Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist ( 42 cr.) - MS
Nursing: Nursing Administration/Public Administration-MS/MPA (Dual Degree with Baruch College School of Public Affairs)
Nursing: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ( 48 cr.)-MS
In addition to meeting the general requirements for graduate admission to Hunter College, applicants to the School of Nursing master’s degree programs must meet the following requirements. (Please note that these are the minimum requirements to be considered for admission; meeting them does not guarantee admission).
1. Completion of an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing.
2. A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0. (An applicant with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 may be considered for admission as a nonmatriculated student. Nonmatriculated students may be considered for admission to matriculated status after completion of 9-12 graduate nursing credits with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0).
3. New York State registered nurse licensure and current registration.
4. Completion of a basic statistics course. (An applicant who does not meet this requirement may be admitted conditional on completing a statistics course by the end of the first semester).
5. Professional résumé listing education and relevant work experiences.
6. Statement of purpose clearly identifying why the applicant seeks admission to the particular specialization to which she or he is applying.
7. Applicants for the dual-degree MS /MPH program also meet requirements for admission to the MPH program.
8. Applicants for the dual-degree MS/ MPA program must also meet requirements for admission to the Baruch MPA program, including GRE scores. (Applicants may request a waiver of the GRE requirement based on an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0).